Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I have a 2006 400ex. I’m doing a clutch replacement, and it’s never once been opened up. I have tried everything from hitting it with an impact hammer to a crow bar on the fin, and nothing will take it out. The cover is just stuck. Can I have some help with what to do? Thankyou guys!
Auto part Engine Automotive engine part Carburetor

·
Super Moderator
38,618 Posts
only tap on the tangs on the cover, it will come off, dont stick anything in between the cover and case to pry on !.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
only tap on the tangs on the cover, it will come off, dont stick anything in between the cover and case to pry on !.
Thanks for such a quick reply, I have tried sticking a screwdriver on the back and wedge it and tap it, and it still doesn’t come off. I don’t see any bolts that are still in either, do you?

·
Super Moderator
38,618 Posts
Thanks for such a quick reply, I have tried sticking a screwdriver on the back and wedge it and tap it, and it still doesn’t come off. I don’t see any bolts that are still in either, do you?
no, i did not see any bolts you missed ?, take a long screw driver, rest it on the tangs, give it a whack with a hammer, then go to other tang, do same there, it will pop off, try not to break the tangs off !!.

·
Super Moderator
38,618 Posts
Just a quick update, I went back down and did exactly as you said to do, still no luck.
your either not hitting it hard enough on the tabs ? ( i see 3 of them in your pics ^^ ), or you some how missed a bolt ?, if one bolt is still in the cover ?, it wont pop off.

·
Super Moderator
38,618 Posts
I was able to pry it off with a pry bar, bent 2 screwdrivers 😂. It really appreciate your help man!
yw, i hope you did not scratch the sealing surface where you used the screw drivers ?..lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts