Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just read a thread about the decomp mech not having the spring and plunger will make the engine keep from running right...im fixing to put mine together and im missing this........what are my alternatives for this? im running stock everything except for a new piston.....its 11:1 namura. would my engine and starter last longer with the decomp working properly or would it last just as long without it?

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
it will in no way effect how the bike runs it will actually quite down the motor and your starter will be fine if you dont have the spring and the plunger you do have to remove the decompression mech off the cam

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, ill have to have a machine shop remove it wont i, i believe i read in a thread that they are pressed onto the cam, correct?

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
yes now there is a member on here slammedranger and he actually did it i think you have to tack weld a oil hole somewhere on the cam but im not sure so do your research

·
Registered
866 Posts
Your options are to take the mech off the cam like he said (I've done it because of an issue) or get a new spring and plunger.

If you choose the latter, I still have mine ill give up.
Let me know.

·
Registered
866 Posts
That's correct. Everything that can come off does, then the sprocket flange goes back on.
You'll want to fill the large oil hole under the mechanism, I used Jb weld but I haven't opened it up since to see how its holding it up.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah i put the cam on the valve cover while it was upside down this morning and i seen the little part on the rocker arm that hits it, Thanks man

·
Registered
866 Posts
I don't think any DIY method would even work.
I had the maintenance guys at work help me do it with the press and it still took some effort,
it's on there good.
Ur best bet is a place with a press.

·
Super Moderator
5,030 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts