1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Great video!!! That should help a lot of people.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Made sticky.

·
Supporting Vendor
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sure hope im getting paid by the job at that rate. :)

·
Registered
132 Posts
our carrier looks just like that one,and has grooves for o-rings to keep water out.and its almost impossible to get it in with out the o-rings moving on it even with grease in the swingarm.still havent got it in yet.i took the bolts all the way out and spread the swingarm as far as i could.

·
Registered
21 Posts
My axlenuts are real tight, how do you guys get them loose? Nobody in town sells a wrench big enough and would hate to use a pipe wrench and mark it up. Great video btw.

·
Super Moderator
4,389 Posts
I use a pipe wrench with a really long breaker bar. And if they are really stuck hit it with a torch. These nuts come loose all the time. So people tend to put large amounts of loctite on the threads. I usually coat the whole are with red loctite and then let it sit over night and wrap the whole assembly with electrical tape. Thats the only way i have found to keep it tight. They make locking nuts but i have snapped almost every brand made. But i tend to ride off the rev limiter alot lol. So thats probably my fault.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I use a pipe wrench with a really long breaker bar. And if they are really stuck hit it with a torch. These nuts come loose all the time. So people tend to put large amounts of loctite on the threads. I usually coat the whole are with red loctite and then let it sit over night and wrap the whole assembly with electrical tape. Thats the only way i have found to keep it tight. They make locking nuts but i have snapped almost every brand made. But i tend to ride off the rev limiter alot lol. So thats probably my fault.
I was going to do the opposite and anti-seize them back on lol. Their tight now, wouldn't red locktight make them almost impossible to break loose next time?

·
Super Moderator
4,389 Posts
I was going to do the opposite and anti-seize them back on lol. Their tight now, wouldn't red locktight make them almost impossible to break loose next time?
You want them to not come loose. And red loctite is permanent until heated. Heating with a torch breaks the bond and it will come right off after.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Use thin sheet metal with the pipe wrench so you don't mess up the nut...,

1 - 17 of 17 Posts