Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cut the ends to allow better airflow.

I didn't cut the whole end off, I cut it at an angle.

At the top end I just cut the end off.

After I cut the ends off with a die grinder/cut off wheel, I sanded all the edges with 80grit.

I don't know how much this will help with performance but I got an airbox lid now and need to get as much air as possible. I'll be modding the lid next, still try'n to come up with a good idea to let air in and keep muddy water out.

·
Registered
163 Posts
i use an outerwear works great!

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
I stopped using K & N and outer wears about a year ago. They let more dust in than you think. I use UNI now. I used to could take my finger and wipe around the intake boot and wipe dust out since the UNI I don't have that issue.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
I have to agree with moose, I would go with a foam filter, I still use my stock one.

·
Registered
293 Posts
yea ive been told a lot by people that k&n are garbage and i myself have used outerwear and it sucks too. So when i go to upgrade the box lid itll be either a stock one modded or a K&N powerlid with a uni filter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
6 Participants
CapnMorgan
Honda ATV Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to Honda ATV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades and reliability for your Rancher, Foreman, Recon, FourTrax, Pioneer, and more!
Full Forum Listing