Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys, does anybody know if the a-arms from the 400ex or x will fit on the 250ex frame? so that I could make my 250ex a little bit wider? thanks.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Maybe.Whats your dimensions.

·
Premium Member
4,389 Posts
Uhh no clue i kno they fit on a 300 and a 250x im pretty sure all hondas sport quads have the same front end dimensions! But I couldnt b sure.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will have to measure my a-arms on my 250ex. i don't know how wide they are where they mount to the frame. so I will have to get a measurement in the morning or sometime and let you know ok.

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
No...The 250EX is a beast if her own kind they are a different frame set-up. the 250EX and the 250 Recon are the exact same quad other than they swapped out the plastics for a utility style.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok thanks that's what I thought I will figure out some other way to make it wider.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
billy I seen the diamond j customs kit and It looks pretty good i mihgt have to break down and buy one. I bought some 1/8" steel plate that I was going to make some tabes with to weld to the frame. but I might just have to buy the kit, I think that it's only like 180 bucks which is way cheaper than haveing new a-arms made.

·
Registered
46 Posts
400 ex A arms

Im in the process of swapping 400ex arms right now. Using the 400 arms requires longer shocks. I will be using 250R front shocks which are quite abit longer than the x shocks, which I believe will require new upper shock mounts.

I found that the A arms that I picked up had some bad rust and cracks under the shock perches. I bit the bullet and carefully removed the mounts, ground off the rust, welded up the cracks and welded reinforcement plate over the top of the A arm gusset. As for the fit, I can only vouch for the lowers which bolt right up, havent tried the upper arms as of yet. :D

I would refrain from welding any widening kits onto the frame unless you are an experienced welder. It is very easy to blow through the thin wall tubing.

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
Great advise, Dooner!!!

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
billy I seen the diamond j customs kit and It looks pretty good i mihgt have to break down and buy one. I bought some 1/8" steel plate that I was going to make some tabes with to weld to the frame. but I might just have to buy the kit, I think that it's only like 180 bucks which is way cheaper than haveing new a-arms made.
Well you could just make the kit.I made mine It's almost the exact same as the Diamond j's.I used 1/4 plate and a 3 inch high speed air cutter.You don't have to cut the whole way through.3/4's of the way and put it in a vice and break it off.Good luck.

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
It may be the angle but your shocks look more like struts... Is your geometry correct?

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
No I had to change it later but I'm again gonna change it.I'm building wider a-arms instead of the widening kit.

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
I thought they seemed a little to vertical.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
guys I will get the measurements of the a-arms on my 250ex and then you could tell me if the 400ex arms would fit or not. thanks.

·
Registered
216 Posts
So what was wrong with the brackets they lifted it more than widened it?

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Are you talking to me?No it didn't lift it.It just looks that way.

·
Registered
46 Posts
400ex A Arms on a 250x

400ex A arms fit fine on the 250x (no idea about the 250ex) top and bottom and are about an inch longer than the 250x's. I'll upload some pics if anyone is interested.:wink:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ok I got my a-arms measured tonight, and they are 9-9.5 inches wide.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
400ex are 9 1/4 to the out side where they bolt.Is what I'm told.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts