Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New guy here with a question.Have a 2004 rancher,with a shifting problem..
When i have the transmission in AUTO.I have a blinking 4 bar light that displays.While driving it,the transmission seems to try to gear it's self down.If i have the selector in Es it seems to do just fine.I dont want to damage the atv by driving it.So can someone try to help me solve the problem.Any and all help will be appreciated..Thanks
cmghunter

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Welcome to the forums! someone will be along shortly and will be able to help

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Welcome to the forums. Follow the procedures below, to retrieve the trouble codes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for your time Helmut.The indicator wasn't blinking today.I wasn't able to get the indicator to go back into the blinking mode.Guessing it may be due to me driving it alot in the ESP position yesterday.I'm totally dumb at this.So please be patient while i ask a few questions..How can i get the display indicator to blink again?Or is there another way to find out whats going on with it?I've done the simple things like check fuses and connections,but that didn't solve any problems either..Thanks for everyones help

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
How can i get the display indicator to blink again?Or is there another way to find out whats going on with it?
Have you tried what's described below? If that doesn't work, I don't know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts