Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys..

So I've got a set of rear shockers that are adjustable and wanted to try them out on the front of my 300 and possibly try one on the rear. I'm playing around to try and get a better ride!

Problem I'm having is finding bushes for the 350D shocks, are they obsolete? I've tried my usual sources and dealers but nothing is available unfortunately. Are they available in the USA, NOS or aftermarket?

·
Super Moderator
5,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This has Post has shadetree and Goober written all over it lol.. I'm going to guess shady replies first on this :laugh: :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
38,518 Posts
haha, yeah, the trx350's ( old school ) shocks won't work on a trx300, totally different shock. the bolt hole is smaller for the bolt and bushing. your best bet it to make a shim, or locate a bushing/needle bearing that will make up the difference.

·
Super Moderator
5,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
haha, yeah, the trx350's ( old school ) shocks won't work on a trx300, totally different shock. the bolt hole is smaller for the bolt and bushing. your best bet it to make a shim, or locate a bushing/needle bearing that will make up the difference.
I knew you'd be here first haha..

Ahh ok. Well at the moment all I have is an elongated hole in the rubber, no metal insert in the bush!
Thanks for clearing that up though, I'll have to try and make something up. I was going to buy new shocks and then thought I'd be foolish not to try what I have laying around first.

·
Premium Member
38,518 Posts
I knew you'd be here first haha..

Ahh ok. Well at the moment all I have is an elongated hole in the rubber, no metal insert in the bush!
Thanks for clearing that up though, I'll have to try and make something up. I was going to buy new shocks and then thought I'd be foolish not to try what I have laying around first.
if it were me ?, i'd look for a small diameter piece of pipe, make a bushing, not hard to do.

·
Premium Member
38,518 Posts
and the rubber part will press out, but you will need a press to get it out correctly.

·
Super Moderator
5,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I'm watching a lathe on eBay at the minute so if that comes off at the right price I'll be able to turn some hopefully.
I don't have a press but I have the use of one at my local car garage, failing that my dad has one in his shop.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts