Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one had an issue with noisy cam chain at idle (warmed up) with the 350 Foreman?
I have 2, bought new, 86 TRX350 and 87 350D. The 86 was first to start with this noise now the 87 has it too. Happens after its been running and up to temp. Is the Cam chain adjuster worn? Or is it time for tear down and replace chain and guides? These have been the best work machines and run...as always, excellent. Any ideas here,
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,180 Posts
yes definitely replace the chain—if you don’t know how to do it yourself then take it in.
Hard to know if adjuster is worn depends on how long it’s needed the chain replaced.
You could save some labor costs by stripping off the front fender, airbox, etc. When you get to the bare valve cover, spray all those bolts with Deep Creep and let them sit for a day or two-especially if it’s cold you’ll chance good penetration.
Use your best 6-point socket and a 1/4 inch and 3/8 breaker bar to break the torque on these small, long bolts. Don’t use a ratchet handle. Very gradually break the torque—easy does it—or you’ll snap them off.
Same with the right side cover.
i did all this before i took mine in

1 - 2 of 2 Posts