Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently purchased a 1997 300ex for $250. I was told that its the wiring . I brought it home and the wiring harness is all cut up. No big deal. I work on them all the time I know pretty much everything about how to repair an atv. Ect. Well Its my first honda. It's been sitting a while so I cleaned the carb and checked the oil and compression. All that's good now. Just waiting on a ignition coil. Well I was looking up frames on line afterbirth notice a couple I saw didn't look like the front of my frame.. it was already unique because it has camouflage tires. Well I started to look at at my frame and noticed where the a arms are supposed to bolt up have brackets to extend them. I haven't found anything like them online. Only extended a arms. And I noticed that the exhaust pipe was not stock because it was too shiny and it looked like it was stainless and it's a DG brand I know nothing about performance parts for ATVs Etc. I just know how to rebuild them or fix them that goes along with vehicles to Performance Parts is not my expertise. I know nothing about performance parts so I was wondering could this have possibly been somes race bike?or has any seen these brackets before? It also has itp polished wheels on it.

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
Best thing is to get the service manual for it on fleabay and go from there.
See links to parts links in my signature block below. At least it could help you determine what OEM parts might have been replaced and compare them to what you have. Esp wire harnesses—get part numbers and see what’s for sale on fleabay—then see how it looks compared to what you have

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just recently purchased a 1997 300ex for $250. I was told that its the wiring . I brought it home and the wiring harness is all cut up. No big deal. I work on them all the time I know pretty much everything about how to repair an atv. Ect. Well Its my first honda. It's been sitting a while so I cleaned the carb and checked the oil and compression. All that's good now. Just waiting on a ignition coil. Well I was looking up frames on line afterbirth notice a couple I saw didn't look like the front of my frame.. it was already unique because it has camouflage tires. Well I started to look at at my frame and noticed where the a arms are supposed to bolt up have brackets to extend them. I haven't found anything like them online. Only extended a arms. And I noticed that the exhaust pipe was not stock because it was too shiny and it looked like it was stainless and it's a DG brand I know nothing about performance parts for ATVs Etc. I just know how to rebuild them or fix them that goes along with vehicles to Performance Parts is not my expertise. I know nothing about performance parts so I was wondering could this have possibly been somes race bike?or has any seen these brackets before? It also has itp polished wheels on it. View attachment 149684
Best thing is to get the service manual for it on fleabay and go from there.
See links to parts links in my signature block below. At least it could help you determine what OEM parts might have been replaced and compare them to what you have. Esp wire harnesses—get part numbers and see what’s for sale on fleabay—then see how it looks compared to what you have

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
YW; maybe post up some pics and let the other members have a better look at your quad.
Better yet throw up a photo and description on the ATV of the Month.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts