Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive got a 1994 300ex, stock and am wanting to start upgrading it. thinking about a hmf full exhaust system, jet kit, k&n filter and prefilter, amr moster coil, and amr stage 3 rev box. let me know what you think of these, and will i notice alot of difference after they are all done?

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
I know people who have had bad luck with AMR's products. But yes, you will see a huge difference

·
Registered
83 Posts
I would get a fmf powercore 4, i just got mine and i personally love what it does to the whole power range. by the way....Welcome to the forums!

·
Registered
48 Posts
The FMF PC4 comes with a new head pipe. HMF does not. But expect the FMF head pipe to eventually rust. It is not stainless.

·
Super Moderator
18,228 Posts
I have the powercore 4 system it does rust right at the muffler joint the actual pipe has surface rust nothing bad though, but mine is wrapped.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'm tired of rusting components so I'm currently adapting a NEW Take Off stainless exhaust from a 06-09 TRX450R to my 300EX. A bandsaw and tig welder are needed to do this properly but the end result will be a quiet, NON rusting, durable system that breaths very well for this little motor. Total cost: $52 delivered. (ebay)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
actually BOLT, the HMF comes with a full exhaust, which includes a head pipe(stainless). whereas the FMF system does not make a head pipe for mine

·
Registered
48 Posts
The FMF Power Core 4 for 300EX comes with a head pipe. You can't buy it without. It is not stainless. You have to read the fine print. Many dealers don't even realize this.

The HMF costs extra when you get their stainless head pipe.

The FMF is a much better price. But you get what you pay for. Anyone thats owned FMF products knows rust is part of the equation. Talk to FMF and they claim ignorance.

http://www.motosport.com/atv/product/FMF-POWERCORE-4-COMPELTE-EXHAUST-4STROKE/?catalogId=117277

• Decades of racing development went into the design of the FMF Powercore 4 complete exhaust to improve the power and performance of your dirt bike or ATV at a practical price.
  • The FMF Powercore 4 is a muffler that will boost power and torque throughout the power range, making the Powercore 4 usable for all types of riding.
  • FMF designed a Hi-Flo end cap and core for the Powercore 4 to increase power by creating a free flowing end cap and a core that allows room for exhaust pulse. This results in a consistent power curve.
  • The FMF Powercore 4 uses and advanced cross-weave packing that is more durable then the traditional packing. The cross-weave packing also keeps the Powercore 4 at a reasonable sound level by dissipating the exhaust sound.
  • FMF constructed the Powercore 4 muffler using aluminum to keep the weight down with a stainless steel head pipe and components for extended durability.
  • Includes FMF Hi-Flo headpipe.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts