Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced my carrier last week. I am redoing the rear brakes right now. while I am waiting for the new pads to come in I thought I would just hook up th brake caliper back on to the brake mounting bracket. However, I cannot seem to get the C-clip (holds the brake mounting bracket) back onto the carrier.

Does anyone have any tips/tricks for getting the C-clip back onto the carrier?

·
Registered
152 Posts
rear

Do you mean the c-clip or wire ring that goes onto the axle? If so check the axle nuts to see if they are tightened position - if so, loosen the nuts - reverse threads remember.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

·
Registered
152 Posts
c-clip

Oh yea. I forgot about that one. I think I purchased a small needle nose pliers, and used those pliers to spread the clip, and some help with flat blade screw driver. I do recall that clip being a bear to get back on. Lots of patience.ORRRR, go buy the proper e-clip spreader tool from auto parts store.

·
Registered
606 Posts
lol. Sorry wrong link. You want some snap ring pliers. You can also use a pair of needle nose pliers. Take the pliers and grab on to the tabs on the c clip then compress it. Work the clip into the groove with a flat head screw driver.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts