Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have rebuilt the carb and, now have the bike running. It's a 93 300ex. The problem is... it revs high without touching the throttle. I figure I must have something going on in the throttle linkage area. Looking in there I see that the throttle adjusting screw that enters the bottom of the carb never reaches the stop that it looks like it should rest on while at idle. (See picture with the red and blue arrows) The throttle cable itself isn't any shorter than it was before so it looks to me like I have all this back together right. I really don't know where to go from here. I don't have another one that I can look at side by side. Maybe one of you guys is experience enough to see what's going on here. I also have a video of me operating the throttle. Thanks for any help in advance guys.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Your cable is adjusted out to far.

·
Super Moderator
18,228 Posts
Welcome to the forums.... on top of the carb is the metal 90 degree piece connected to the cable. run the adjuster nut all the way to the top and make sure you screw the 90 all the way in. now on the thumb throttle end is another adjustment screw that all the way in the only other thing I can think of is that the cable sheathing has come apart from the 90 degree end under the rubber boot. slide that back and see. I have had the same issue.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Welcome to the forums. Yeah, I agree with Billy and Moose. Your cable is keeping it from returning to idle.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
update

Hey guys, thanks for your replies. My brother and I were messing around with it. We took the cable out of the little slot it slides into and were just playing around. We put it back and it goes down there now. I'm really not sure what we did. It's finally running right again. Weird

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Glad you got it fixed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, I was about to lose my mind. I couldn't get it running til I rebuilt the carb then, I had this problem.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Glad to here you got her going.Have fun out there.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Your welcome.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts