Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
You can put an oil cooler on about anything but as far as how to do it on the 300ex I don't have a clue but maybe Helmut will know.

·
Registered
202 Posts
im in the same boat they head one on eaby for a 300ex and i missed it ive bine looking for one i need it for everything i have done

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
You can buy the kits off Ebay, but you could probably use about any oil cooler that you can mount up. You would need to fab up some lines and some way to mount the oil cooler. You could cut the external oil line that runs from the oil pump up to the head cover and slide rubber hoses over each end and clamp them. It would be best to use a flaring tool to flare each end of the metal line a little bit, so the hose and clamp would have something to hold to without sliding off.

It would be easier to buy the kit because it already has the lines, but I'm sure the kit is a little more expensive.

·
Registered
606 Posts
I could be wrong but I think Slamed Ranger posted some pics. of how he installed a oil cooler on his 300ex.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Yes, the Jagg oil cooler adapter would be the way to go. With the adapter you would get cooler oil to more of your engine versus cooler oil to just the cam and rocker arms. If you cut the external oil line and run the lines to an oil cooler, you will only get cooler oil to the top of the head, rocker arms and cam. With the Jagg adapter, the cooler oil would be returned to the oil filter and cooler oil will be distributed throughout the engine.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Does anyone know where these Jagg adapters can be found?? I tried searching online for them... nothing specifically for the 300ex. I would like to have that adapter to go along with the setup I am looking at.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts