Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i recently bought a 300ex and its bogging pretty bad top end...so i bought a carb rebuild kit and a K&N drop in filter...it was running premo for a little while but it started bogging again..any help at this point would be great appreciated...thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no i havent check valve gap yet...but when i when to check the plug the boot came off the wire...do you think that might cause the problem

·
Registered
391 Posts
Does it run better if u let off for just a few seconds then hold it down again?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no when its doing it its in high rev...ordered new coil and plug hope thats the problem...another thing if anyone knows...the crankcase breather tube at top of the head under the gas tank how to get that to securely sit in there

·
Registered
391 Posts
Check your intake, is it dry roten? it sounds like u may have got lucky when puting the carb back on and closed the air gap in the dry rot. If its cracked when at full throttle u will be getting to much air

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
Try removing the airbox lid. Also what size jet did you install with you rebuild? A few thing play a role air/fuel mixture, leaks, jet size, sprocket sizes... If you changed the jet check your pilot screw. supposed to be around 3 1/2 turns out from seat with a stock jet if you went larger turn it out in 1/4 turn increments until you acheive the highest idle possible then turn down the idlestop give the pilot screw another 1/4 turn and let it be. rid the piss out of it and do a plug check. if it looks like coffee with creamer in it your good. And don't run anything less than 93 octane in it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ill have to check the intake but when i did the carb rebuild i put all stock pieces back in with a k&n filter and cleaned the piss out of the intake system but didnt really check the grommet off the engine... and i think its only at 2 1/2 out..as for the crank breather tube i still have no idea hot to get that to sit in there securely

·
Registered
391 Posts
IS it the one that plugs in behind where the starter is, near the swingarm bolts? if so i thought those had a kinda flare at the end of the plastic fitting that held them in

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ya i dont know its angering me greatly my buddys 250x his is jus in there securely nothing honding it i dont know if its pressed in there or what but its really getting to me

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
What exactly is the proble you are having now this thread started with you bogging out now you are wondering how your air box lid is held in? am I reading this correctly? I will look on my quad tonight and see how my box is installed. Have you fixed the bogging down part?

ya i dont know its angering me greatly my buddys 250x his is jus in there securely nothing honding it i dont know if its pressed in there or what but its really getting to me

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
fixed the bogging with carb rebuild K&N and new coil. The problem now is not theair box its the crankcase ventilation tube on top of the head the only good way to see it is with the gas tank off..its not seating in there securely.

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
My crankcase tube on top or my head has a flared end kind of like you would see on a heatercore or radiator ect just simply push the hose down until it seats on the head and clamp it. It really doesn't matter where you rund the vent as long as you keep it away from heat.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts