Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my MY 2000 300EX carburetor I question the 2 small diameter hoses shown in service manual illustrations but not identified -- I believe the one coming out from left side (driver in seat) just above choke lever pivot is a vent to atmosphere because the "far" end of this short hose was just dangling loose. But there is a similar male port (hose barb??) coming out rear of the carburetor down toward bottom of the assembly -- Neither are identified in any literature I have found -- are they both intended to vent to atmosphere?? (or perhaps should the dangling loose end of the tube coming from side port be connected to the port at rear down toward bottom of the carburetor???? If so what is the purpose of the tube???? and if this tube's loose end should connect to hose barb at lower rear, then why are 2 separate tubes shown in service manual illustrations????)

· Premium Member
4,390 Posts
You are correct with your assesment on the one hose going to atmosphere. Without it the slide would go up and create a vacuum and hold wide open. The bottom barb is for the carb overflow tube. It is supposed to be going all the way out the bottom of the quad. If the float hangs up for some reason fuel will pour out this tube. Also there is a screw down there you can loosen and drain the carb bowl out the same tube.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.