Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey finlly got around to puting in my carb kit but after puting it in she falls on her nose i leand the nedle vavle out to max i starded in the middle and now i maxed it out to the lean side shes falling on her nose

·
Registered
14 Posts
is it falling on its nose in the low rpm range or the high rpm range???
mine falls on its face at high rpm.. it kinda sucks cause when im standing up and it does it it almost throws me off the front

·
Super Moderator
18,228 Posts
What have you done Mod wise to the engine? What jets have you installed?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mines in top end i put 118 jet and a hotter plug and i cant ever get in to 2nd gear

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
mines in top end i put 118 jet and a hotter plug and i cant ever get in to 2nd gear
Maybe you need a bigger main jet. The stock main jet is #122.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the kit said to put the 118 in with the fmf pipe andk&n filter and to put the mixer screw out 3 turns from all the way in and set the needle at the 3rd seting

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
That's strange, usually when you put on an aftermarket pipe and aftermarket air filter, you have to go to a bigger jet instead of a smaller one.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i know see when i brought itback from the shop that done the job for me it work good for 5 mines she started dumping fuel out the hose and falling on her nose and missing and pucking but she would ldle prefact so i dont know what to do ialmost burned the dam thing last night

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
If gas is coming out the overflow on the carb, the float valve is probably stuck open or got some debris under it.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
i took it apart and everything was good
If gas is coming out the overflow on the carb, you must have missed something. The float valve isn't cutting off the gas inlet to the carb and the bowl is getting too full and running out the overflow.

The only other thing that I can think of is if the carb bowl drain screw isn't sealing good, letting the gas leak out through the overflow/drain hose.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
true well it pissed me off so bad i went and order a new forged 11-1 piston stage 1 cam and pro com CDI box lol and shes going back to the place idroped itoff at

1 - 12 of 12 Posts