Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ok my other thread I asked to have the mods delete.

I am going to reserve the first few posts on here to update pics when parts arrive and are installed.

Full build list
maier race plastics
450r a arms
200x rear shock
fox triple rate front 400ex shocks
gforce rear axle
rad axle loc
dunlop tires
itp holeshot 18"
itp trac loc's beadlocks
explicit motors beadlock mud covers
clarke plastic gas tank
tag grips
white bro's slip on
jardine nerf bars
asv levers
feather lite shifter
twist throttle
400ex carb
gripper seat cover

Here it is with the front end complete.

Moose handle bars

Parts I ordered.
Tag handle grips

Tag ATV Grips Grey Honda 300EX/Foreman/Rancher/Rincon : eBay Motors (item 380213722247 end time Apr-08-10 10:22:21 PDT)

Itp Trac Locs with Holeshot 18x10x8

I also bought a set of inner and outer mud covers in red.

White rear 250ex maier rear plastic
White brothers slip on exhaust
Red Clark gas tank
Rad lock axle nut
east coast atv brake block off plate

I am still fighting with the rear axle nut so I can install my gforce rear axle.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)

I have given up on removing the rear nut so i am taking to a local shop who said they will remove it for $20

So I can then install this.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
So some parts came in and I have most of everything installed.

This week the dmc graphic kit should be in.

I am going to do a heat wrap on the stock head pipe for now.
I am waiting on my ASV levers and featherlite shifter to show,then I am going to get this axle nut off so i can install my new axle and bead locks.

I am also going to order a set of itp mx tires for the front with itp or douglas wheels.

I need to order a grab bar and front bumper maybe AC or Jardine,not sure but its almost done.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I also spoke with the man will will powder coat the frame and extra's.

The frame,nerf bars and the loc ring for the itp wheel will be white.The a arms will be red,so will the swing arm.

I am also going with the dmc graphic kit with the matching seat cover.

I ordered this today.

TRX 300EX

I think I am going to be tearing it down in one week after all fitment issues are addressed.

later on I will grab things from used part outs,jb steering stem,flex bars,maybe some front itp wheels,definite on some different sized front rubber.

I am still waiting on my rebuild kit for my fox shocks.I am selling the 200x rear as I have a very nice set of fox to go on.

After the coating work is done I will be giving it a break for awhile,I sold my lt250r and found a nice trx 250r I am going to pick up,sad thing is I could have bought this bike for less then i have in my $50 300ex.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I measured the front and I am @ 48" with the fox shocks in,with the 300 shocks it almost 49 1/2.

So I am plenty wide enough,lol.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
More pictures have been added in the top few posts.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I was about the throw out the box my new exhaust came in and what do you know,the head pipe was in the box.I thought I only was getting the silencer.

For $50 I got a complete white brothers exhaust and for $70 snagged the clark tank.

I also ordered a set of 19x6x10 itp's with itp rims from this same guy in black.
I am going to order some new lug nuts and I decided to do a red a black frame set up.

I will be going to drop it off in a few days.
I snagged a set of +2 up 1 Leager(sp) used 450r a arms for $175

I also need to order a jb 400ex shock mount.

I am tapped out right now and really ready to be done and just ride.
Hope it was all worth it.turned a $50 bike and spent over 2K in less then a month.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Awe man.I wanna see the whole white brothers.And a question for you.How hard were the 450r a arms to put on?

·
Registered
2,735 Posts

Does this mean you won't need your old 450r a arms anymore?I'll buy them.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)

Does this mean you won't need your old 450r a arms anymore?I'll buy them.
Yes I will sell them once my new ones get here.

I paid $75 + shipping for them,shipping was 20 I think but I can get you a quote.

More or less these only where used to mock this up as I have not even rode my bike since this all began,lol.

Here is the White bothers exhaust.

$50 buck shipped......NO BS.
Was just re packed.

http:
//i89.photobucket.com/albums/k218/ikillforhavik/DSC_0310.jpg

My Jardine nerf bars,I like them but I think I found some rath nerfs with matching bumper for a good deal.

If so i may part with these also.

Also anyone who wants some like new tires 98% tread with near perfect 300ex wheels no dents,bends any damage at all,lmk.

I am asking $250 for the set with tires,new valve stems.I will take reasonable offers.
The fronts are 21x7x10 and the rear is 20x10x9 they are in great shape.

Pic with them wide,still look good.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
To answer your question on how I did the 450 a arm.

I cut the welds on the back hangers only,so have done the front.Problem is then mounting your bumper.

Anyway cut with a 4" grinder and a cut off wheel,should go through a couple,ziz wheel works fine maybe better.

Then take your grinder and smooth all the old welds with a 80 grit flap disk,clean everything up nice as this maybe your only shot before you weld.

Now mock everything up and tack the hangers,by bolting everything up as if it was a regular install.

then remove everything and weld top and bottom of the hanger,spray with some self etching primer,then your ready to paint,powder or ride.

The fab part only took an hour or so.

My problem was getting everything clean during the break down.I do not work on dirty anything.I spent half of the day with ovencleaner,wire brush,pb blaster and hydrofluoric acid (aluminum brite)Also eats rust up and cleans old tanks better then the kits you buy,after that its liner time.

If you need any help just email me [email protected]

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Looking sweet!!!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's alive..................After all this time of bolting crap on I finally decided to get it running,Only to fine my petcock was leaking.So I strapped on a Bayou 220 tank as a doner to fire it up.it runs great,now I am not smoking out of the exhaust but I am getting blow by out of the top of the valve cover,so I am assuming valves are dirty and not seating properly.I am going to seafoam it and adjust the valves for now.

I also plan to change the oil again and filter,any suggestions on something that helps with cooling?
I also need to find or rig a coil cooler and run more oil,I do not ride hard but I am trying to leave the motor stock as when I do something it kinda gets over done= expensive.

·
Super Moderator
18,228 Posts
Close-ups of the rear swing arm and what you cut and welded please???? lol I'm thinking of extending my 250X they are the same as the 300EX.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Close-ups of the rear swing arm and what you cut and welded please???? lol I'm thinking of extending my 250X they are the same as the 300EX.
Yeah I'd like to see it to.And an oil cooler should help a lot with cooling the engine.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
best I could do in the dark...............

Here is the semi completed frame,needs powder coating and my seat cover just got done a few seconds ago,just to hold me over until the dmc kit shows.

It was raining the day I did the work or I would have taking pics in stages to to a write up.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The rear swing arm is stock,I only cut the hanger from the old 200x shock so i could use the lowering link,but I have removed and sold it,my fox shock rebuild kit is only days away,They sent me a message saying to shipped.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sorry to post again,but if anyone runs across a 250 motor with kick start let me know.

I am going to convert mine in the near future.

I want to build the piss out of it.I am thinking I would run 12.5-1 with ported head,custom grind valves,springs and bigger cam.
Upgrade the clutch and basket and toss it in my frame.

I want the kick start,just really do not care about the battery and all the drama that goes with it.

If not I am going to build a hybrid with a cr250r dirt bike I scored for $200 last week.Runs ok the top end needs a rebuild and I figured the complete engine could be a good spare parts motor for the trx250r I have.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Don't run a 12.5 run the curtis sparks 14.1 piston.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts