Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am trying to replace the carrier and bearings on my 07 TRX300EX. I've got the right hub, locking nuts, and rotor off. However, I can't seem to get the brake rotor hub to budge. I've been trying to get this thing off for 4 days now. I've tried heating it multiple times, who knows how much PB Blaster and nothing.

I've even gotten so frustrated, I tried I said f*** it and tried to drive the axle out from right side hoping it would drive it off in the process. However, even beating on the axle with a 2 lb hammer, the axle doesn't even want to budge. Any ideas? I'm at my wits end with what I thought was going to be a fairly simple job.

At this point I know I'm going to have to replace the axle as well because I've mushroomed the end so bad by beating the living heck out of it. I just need to know what in the world I missed...I thought about just cutting the rotor hub off, but even then I'm not sure the axle would come out since the hub isn't even touching the carrier while hammering on the end.

Thanks for any ideas.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
466 Posts
It's not clear where #13 is located by looking at the parts diagram. My guess is it sits right next to and the right if the three bolt hub. Look to make sure it's not on the left side of your brake disc hub.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts