Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys when i put my atv up on a jack the rear axle is wobbly left side and right side.
i bought a axle bearing kit " but there's only one bearing and 1 seal
do i have to get a differential bearing? or will this kit that i got fix the problem,
kinda wired if 2 bearings where to go at the same time?
diffrenral bearing looks good, no leaks or anyhting. please get back to me asap!

its a moose racing bearing kit.

·
Premium Member
497 Posts
I had the same problem with my 1995 TRX300FW. Personally, I changed the bearings/seals in the differential and also in the brake panel.

All my bearings were shot. The break panel busted which let in water/dust/dirt and caused that bearing to go. Previous owner rode the bike in that state and caused stress on the seals/bearings of the differential. Eventually the differential bearings started to give.

·
Premium Member
12,647 Posts
the 300 has three bearings that the axle rides on , 2 are inside the differential and the 3rd is on the right side in the brake backing plate ---------- so the left side diff bearing is also the axle bearing , poor design ------------from my experiences , if you got a kit from all balls , moose , quad boss or any body that has a kit for that matter , it will get you going but is not going to last as long as a OEM bearing will -------- I am not so mad at myself for wasting money buying cheap bearings in the past , it is the time wasted having to do it again that is the killer , I will skimp on a lot of things , but the bearings is not one of them

·
Premium Member
6,522 Posts
Hey guys when i put my atv up on a jack the rear axle is wobbly left side and right side.
i bought a axle bearing kit " but there's only one bearing and 1 seal
do i have to get a differential bearing? or will this kit that i got fix the problem,
kinda wired if 2 bearings where to go at the same time?
diffrenral bearing looks good, no leaks or anyhting. please get back to me asap!

its a moose racing bearing kit.
Sounds like you got a front kit, for one side, but even that would have two seals with the one bearing.

This is what you need to redo the rear end on a 300....

Honda TRX300FW Fourtrax 4X4 1988-2000 Rear Differential Bearings and Seals Kit | Find more at BossBearing.com | Free Shipping!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts