Honda ATV Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,487 Posts
Thanks, The reason I found this forum was looking on other information. I was looking at a 450 foreman it has an electric 2wd to 4wd. It in the front differential and i'm thinking it might fit on the 350 rancher. I'm gonna start looking for parts and let yall know if it will work or not.
400AT front diff swaps into the 350 Ranchers. 450 is wrong gear ratio.

https://www.hondaatvforums.net/forums/builds-projects-diy/117193-creamsicle-orange-8.html#post1201857

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there. I have converted my 2006 2x4 350 rancher in too a 4x4. I got all my parts off of ebay. you will need The 4x4 engine case cover, sub axle, front axle, front differintal, cv axels, upper and lower arms and ball joints from a 4x4, steering knuckles, brake drums. I removed my engine to put the front crankcase on. (i don't think you would have to but it made it easier for me and was cleaner. You may want to buy new seals. I didn't spend a lot of money on the project.I'm sure it was way under a thousand. Most parts were sold as a unit (like the a arms where together) I wasn't a hard job if you have any mechanical ability. I made a gm H.e.i. distributor fit on a Dodge 360. But that's another story. If any questions let me know. Thanks
I know this is an old post. But, I have a 2002 rancher 350 4x4 with a bad motor and I have a 2006 rancher 350 2x4. Is is possible to swap the motor and put the front driveshaft on the 2wd engine by just switching the front part of the motor?

21 - 22 of 22 Posts