Honda ATV Forum banner

26" or 27" Bear claw htr on stock 02 450s?

5K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  shadetree 
#1 ·
I recently picked up a clean 02 450s foreman and am looking to upgrade the tires. I dont want to lift it and plan on running the stock wheels. I also was given a spare set of rear wheels with the bike and thought about putting the rear wheels on the front with either 26x11 or 27x11 on them. I am leaning toward the Kenda bear claw htr's. Without the lift do you guys recomend the 26 or 27's. Thanks.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Either... General rule of thumb with a Honda is don't go above a 27" tire unless you have a GR.
Bear claws are a good all round tire, good choice.

#5 ·
why does it have 11 inch rims on it ?. they come stock ( from what I own and know ) with 12 inch rims from the factory.

#7 ·
ahhh..ok. thanks for updating that :). I run nothing but stock size. I know all too well what wrong tires and wrong rims do to atvs..but hey...its yours..do as you please :).

#8 ·
oh...and outstanding looking atv !!. these models are built great from the ground up. mine is a '03 trx450fm I restored, love it very much !. where did you get the handle bar grip covers if I may ask ?.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.