Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does any body have an idea why my drive chain is to close to the swingarm, where it just barely rubs swing arm? could it be the chiain tensioner is worn, or is this normal.

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
My guess would be that your chain slider at the front of the swingarm is worn out or missing you may also have too much slcak in the chain. I would also look for worn sprockets. there isn't really a chain tentioner, but I would theck the axle carrier bearing nuts to make sure they are tight, if they work loose your chain will become loose. You want about 1 3/8 - 1/3/4 or slack maesured at the bottom center of the chain.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Also, don't they sometimes lay on top of the chain slider until you are sitting on the 4-wheeler and putting some weight on it? I could be wrong, but I was thinking that was the case. Since mine has a driveshaft, it's been a long time since I have dealt with chains. My memory is not what it used to be. I used to have a memory like an elephant, but now I can't remember what an elephant looks like. LOL.

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
lol you are correct sir i adjust my chain by sitting on it... I was quoting out of my service manual for simplicity reasons.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
250x chain roller

Hey guys I found the problem starring me in the face. The chain roller is not stock to this bike. I ordered the correct parts today.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts