Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 91 250x and i'm looking to upgrade the suspention.Does anyone have any advise on a good rear shock swap thats a direct bolt on or with a little modification, mainly for trail use? also what's a good front shock setup?thanks

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
For front shocks you can do the 400ex Z400 or 450r shocks.But you have to have a kit to change the top mount.These shocks are much longer.Also I was told that a 2001 raptor 660 rear shock will bolt in but you have to locate the resevoir some where.Hope this helps.

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
EBAY is your best bet look for 300EX shocks. for the conversion kit for the fron go to www.diamondjcustoms.com

Welcome to the forums

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
The 400ex's shocks are pogo sticks, try to find some Z400 or 450 shocks. I have seen a 300EX with a Raptor 660 rear shock.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Red does it bolt right in like I was told?I was thinking about doin this to my 250.I already have the z400 shocks out front.

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
Red does it bolt right in like I was told?I was thinking about doin this to my 250.I already have the z400 shocks out front.

I sent a message to someone on ebay asking them to send me the measurments Hole to Hole I will let you know shortly

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Cool.Thanks moose.

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
I'm not sure if he had to modify it any???

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
I measured the shock that was on my old frame and it was just over 15" I saw oneon Ebay with a tape measure beside it they were the same measurements I wouldn't be scared to try it I will let you know this weekend if I buy one.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Cool man.Hope it works.Everyone said that they had a lot of blowouts though.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Yeah I don't either.I've never been into taking chances on my life.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Yah.Actually I've been thinking about getting into drag racing.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts