Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a Honda Recon, 250 ES. When I bought it it was stuck in reverse gear due to a disconnected reverse cable. I replaced the cable and cable bracket. Now I am trying to get it started. I have intermittent spark, and by intermittent I mean that when turning it over with the rope start, plug out and grounded, I see spark occassionally, not every time, and the weird part is, sometimes I'll see a spark after the engine has stopped turning. I am also getting a "3" code from the dash shift light, and the electric shift does nothing when I push the up and down buttons. I also have no voltage on the starter side of the solenoid when requesting electric start.

Things I have done:

* Cleaned the ground wire connections
* Made sure the kill switch is out of the circuit
* Checked ALL plug in connectors for corrosion
* Checked the battery feed from the battery to the ignition switch, it is good, power to the switch.

Any ideas?

Coop

·
Premium Member
11,311 Posts
Welcome to the forums...Free downloadable e-manuals in the Schematics/Manuals section herein...Maybe the CDI has died on it as they will spark once in a while when one is dying,or dead,but I've never heard of a spark being discharged after the engine stops turning..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got it to run, there is no spark unless it is in neutral. I am still fighting the 3 code deal though, see my latest post...

Coop

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have ran into a problem with rear tires on my 1998 honda recon it came with 22x10-9 wheel and tires. In 2000 i had size 25x9.50-9 rear tires put on, cant find this tire size anywhere. I liked the taller tires anyone have any suggestions...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts