Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a new Rancher DCT IRS EPS and want to go to a larger tire. Has anyone went with 25" Swamp Fox? Will it be ok to go from 24"s to the more aggressive 25"s ? Thanks

·
Registered
270 Posts
but 25 bearclaws on mine and didn't notice ant difference in performance. Do the irs have different rim diameter on front and back like the sra

·
Registered
270 Posts
Lots of room for tires, but the performance will suffer when over sizing. By going up 1 inch in size that's only 1/2 closer to any body panel or frame. I'm sure 26in would fit without issue.

·
Super Moderator
5,062 Posts
Your fine with an all terrain type tyre upto a 26", anything above 26 and you'll need a gear reduction. If you go super aggressive with a 26" such as outlaws I personally would consider sticking with 8 or 9" width all round to help minimise power loss.

·
Registered
2017 Rancher 420 DCT IRS EPS
91 Posts
You'll be plenty fine with 25's I've got the same quad and I've got 26's and they're good. If you're going with 25's you'll be fine, but 26's I'd stick to a lighter tire

·
Registered
2017 Rancher 420 DCT IRS EPS
91 Posts
This is with 26 Zillas. Still has Plenty of clearance with these on. I don't know how Swamp Fox's compare in weight, but I'd stick to a light tire. I find when I get in heavier mud or something that I keep it in ESP mode to hold it in gear and keep my revs up, but I found myself doing that even with the stock tires on.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,062 Posts
26" mudlites would be a great option

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I put 5000 miles on a set of Swamp fox with no tubes and no flats, I thought they worked pretty well....

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
25" on a 420....

Personal experience, didn't 26"... But I like to pull and tow..

Went to a 25" reptile, its near stock size and its got an inch of tread..

I like them..

But, the sti outback xt's i had prior did chew through the mud a bit more confidently.. Very aggressive..

I think my next tire will be a mud bug... but i got a ways to go yet on these reptiles.. and I give them a 4/5 BTW..

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts