Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've got a 2004 Rancher 350 ES. I'm looking to upgrade my tires and rims.

Can anyone advise me on their own experience with different size tires on one of these bikes? I'm also debating between executioners and mud bugs. It's pretty sloppy down here.

I've been finding mixed answers on what would be a good fit. Of course every retailer is trying to sell me the biggest and most expensive so they make the most money.
Also is there any worth to putting a lift kit on it? I mainly ride around a few hunting camps and at the Spillway down here near New Orleans.
Ya'lls help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
I would go with the 26" or 27" the 27" will kill a little power but not bad, Welcome to the forums!

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah, i've read that once you go to 27" tires you have to change the jets in your carb, change your air filter, and exhaust and stuff to try and regain the power you lose from the tire size change... does this sound correct?

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
yeah, i've read that once you go to 27" tires you have to change the jets in your carb, change your air filter, and exhaust and stuff to try and regain the power you lose from the tire size change... does this sound correct?
Yes it's true that you will have to re-jet and get an aftermarket air filter and exhaust. The amount of power loss with 27's is a considerable amount.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've got 26" MudLites on my 2006 350 Rancher and I am very pleased with it. I do not have a lift and followed and led 2 Foreman 500's with 2" of lift and one had 29" Silverbacks. Of course, if you follow these suckers, you are gonna bottom out, but the thing I love about the 350 is that it is so small and light that you can get out of almost anything. You don't have the power that they have, but you definately have the weight factor on your side.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK, so I went with 26" Super Grip Swamp Lights. They have nice lugs and are pretty much like itp mudlight xr's withought the high price tag. They ran great in the mud I went through today. They look good too!

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts