Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some insight like price wise. I know between 1500-2500. 1500 being needs tlc and 2500 souped up to the nutz with after market. I have a pic down below of a 02 the running 1 and the other I don't have a pic of. But it needs valve work and an exhaust. Also was wondering if this deal would be worth the time and effort?? All opinions welcome!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
559 Posts
Hello, fellow Canadian 400EX owner here!

I just picked up a lightly modded 400ex back in October for $2000.

It runs great, and only needed some tires.

How mechanically inclined are you?

It would be nice to have 1 good bike, and 1 bike for parts.

I think it sounds like a good deal, and you could probably talk him down a bit if you haven't already.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm alright at the stuff if I have everything there and can take it off, I can put it back on. But that's about the only way I can fix things is by doing it myself and haging all the parts there already on it.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I'm the same way.

I can read and read, watch videos, ask questions, but until I get my hands dirty, I never REALLY know.

·
Premium Member
4,389 Posts
Im having a hard time figuring out what the asking price is? You have 1500-2500. Is that his asking price for both? Where you live has alot to do with what you should pay. Different places sell the same quads for different prices. Do either one of them have a title? Is that even a thing in canada? Here in the states that changes the price they are worth ALOT! The good thing is you cant really go wrong with a 400ex. They are rarely not able to be fixed. Also it says valve work? Thats could be as simple as adjusting them because they are noisy. Or as bad as a bent valve needing head machining and being rebuilt. Lots of scenarios. Always check the frame for straightness. And make sure it didnt throw a chain and crack the engine cases. Those would be a big issue. Good luck!

·
Registered
559 Posts
Im having a hard time figuring out what the asking price is? You have 1500-2500. Is that his asking price for both? Where you live has alot to do with what you should pay. Different places sell the same quads for different prices. Do either one of them have a title? Is that even a thing in canada? Here in the states that changes the price they are worth ALOT! The good thing is you cant really go wrong with a 400ex. They are rarely not able to be fixed. Also it says valve work? Thats could be as simple as adjusting them because they are noisy. Or as bad as a bent valve needing head machining and being rebuilt. Lots of scenarios. Always check the frame for straightness. And make sure it didnt throw a chain and crack the engine cases. Those would be a big issue. Good luck!
The seller is asking 2300 for both quads (see OP's other threads lol)

OP was saying that where he lives the prices for an EX range from 1500$ to 2500$, and I can attest to that!

Yap, we sure do have titles in Canada, and you pretty much need a registered vehicle to be on anything but private property.

·
Premium Member
4,389 Posts
Ahhh now i feel stupid lol. Thanks for clearing things up!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts