Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m very new to snorkeling ATVs. I have my highlifter snorkel on, just need to do the vent lines. What sizes vent lines do I need? Also what kind of clamp should I secure them with so they don’t come off? I’m so nervous about this snorkel. The first time I did it, I tried testing it by putting air into it and spraying soapy water on the outside to find leaks. Ended up cracking the airbox by putting too much air. This time I’m scared to even test it. What do you guys recommend doing to test it? I’ve done a little research but I don’t know anything about snorkels and where the water would go in the engine and stuff. Just looking for some help for me to have some peace and mind. This snorkel is for protection, I won’t be going over the handlebars non stop. Thank you for your time.

· Registered
2020 520 rubicon foot shift
805 Posts
I tested my snorkel by riding into a seat deep pond with a hard bottom.
I went into the pond for a minute than backed out and checked the air box drain for water.
Remember, rubicons dont idle with the motor and exhaust under water so stay on the gas a bit when in deep water.
Take the hose off the gas tank vent with you to the store to get the right size hose for the gas tank and diffs. I forget the exact size I bought. The rad fan is 5/16 and the rad over flow is 3/16.
I also ran my vent lines into the head light pod, and held them in place with a zip tie, you cant see them at all.

Mudpuppy and project ajax on youtube have some good how to's on snorkels and vent lines for rubicons.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tested my snorkel by riding into a seat deep pond with a hard bottom.
I went into the pond for a minute than backed out and checked the air box drain for water.
Remember, rubicons dont idle with the motor and exhaust under water so stay on the gas a bit when in deep water.
Take the hose off the gas tank vent with you to the store to get the right size hose for the gas tank and diffs. I forget the exact size I bought. The rad fan is 5/16 and the rad over flow is 3/16.
I also ran my vent lines into the head light pod, and held them in place with a zip tie, you cant see them at all.

Mudpuppy and project ajax on youtube have some good how to's on snorkels and vent lines for rubicons.
What happens if it dies under water?
Also what clamps to you use for the vent lines?

· Registered
2020 520 rubicon foot shift
805 Posts
I've started mine back up when it stalled with the muffler under water a few times now, nothing bad happened. My snorkel doesnt leak so I've never had water in the air box.
I have one zip tie holding the vent lines to the inner part of the headlight pod.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've started mine back up when it stalled with the muffler under water a few times now, nothing bad happened. My snorkel doesnt leak so I've never had water in the air box.
I have one zip tie holding the vent lines to the inner part of the headlight pod.
Thanks for your help buddy. I just ordered a smoke tester to test for leaks before I put it in water. Makes me feel better that I can test it for leaks first.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts