Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
  1. I bought a 2020 Rubicon Deluxe almost 2 months ago, about a month ago it started shifting loudly, the next day i was on a trail below my house and i came to a stop on a level spot and the gear display showed a dash and it would not shift instead it began shifting rapidly and it sounded like it was not catching gear, only after i got off the ATV and rocked it back and forth did it return to Neutral. It also has displayed the N flashing. I payed 10k for this ATV and i would like to see what the issue is before taking it to the dealer and having to have the famous "whats wrong what will it cost discussion" only 2 months after buying it. I want to be clear i love Honda and we have always bought honda ATVs.

·
Registered
6 Posts
It’s going to sound weird. But I picked mine up from dealer because wait time was too long. Changed oil and filter and everything works like it did the day I bought it. So if you have the spare time it’s worth a shot.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine has been at the dealer over a month then they call me today and say come pick it up we can’t replicate the issue. They said they didn’t detect any thrown codes. The damn thing has thrown the blinking dashes on at least 7 different occasions. I changed the oil and filter but it didn’t help. I started a claim with Honda and will see what happens

·
Registered
1 Posts
  1. I bought a 2020 Rubicon Deluxe almost 2 months ago, about a month ago it started shifting loudly, the next day i was on a trail below my house and i came to a stop on a level spot and the gear display showed a dash and it would not shift instead it began shifting rapidly and it sounded like it was not catching gear, only after i got off the ATV and rocked it back and forth did it return to Neutral. It also has displayed the N flashing. I payed 10k for this ATV and i would like to see what the issue is before taking it to the dealer and having to have the famous "whats wrong what will it cost discussion" only 2 months after buying it. I want to be clear i love Honda and we have always bought honda ATVs.
I just bought a 520 rubicon it left me 2 times with that same problem. It seems when it is cold weather it starts with the shifting problem. called the dealer and will take 4 weeks before they can look at it. I did buy the extended warranty. should have gone back to polaris

2015 Honda Rubicon 500
43 Posts
I have read a thread about removing the electric motor, cleaning the grease on the gears and re-greasing with a lighter grease. Have any of you tried that?
Also, I am working on a manual foot shift conversion kit, is that something you would be interested in?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Have a 30 yrs of Honda ,loyalty and in June bought whatwas meant to be best one yet, Honda 520 FA6 auto shift, manual (electric) power steering and higher load rating. Just has had four wks with dealer, Honda supposed to know they have an issue just the same as described. No gear position indicator shown, just the infuriating dash !!!! Then will not start and has changed gear at strange times since day one. Looks like 2020 is an incredibly bad year for Honda 520's Eh on top of everything else.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts