Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else buy the 2020 Rubcion 520 deluxe? I just received it and drove it yesterday for the 1st time. All good as it should be. Curious if anyone has more hours on one and their opinion to date. It’s my first ATV ever so no comparison for me

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just picked up a foreman 520 foot shift sra ( love that no rear cv axles or boots to mess up)
Only drove it down the road but way more tourque compard to my 2017 foreman 500

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2020 Deluxe DCT Rubicon. For the most part it is very nice. LOVE the FI motor. (I had a 2002 Rubicon previous to this one)
HOWEVER, there are a couple of things I think are quite dangerous - when I ride down my 1/2 mile dirt driveway, I have a off-camber right turn I have to make. The GD DCT downshifts as I'm decelerating in preparation to making the turn. This results in the rear wheels loosing traction and causing the ATV to be unstable. I contacted HONDA, who told me to take the ATV to the dealer. Apparently NOTHING can be done to change the behavior of the DCT regarding premature downshifts. I used to race dirt bikes so this behavior is manageable, but frankly I think this is a dangerous thing for a "newbie".
The other is that I noticed that when I am in AUTO mode, I could use the paddle shifters to "force" an upshift. Once I managed to "confuse" the DCT and it got stuck in a gear and the display showed a horizontal line. The only way to fix this was to "reboot" the ATV by killing it and restarting. Honda's response when I told them was - "you are not supposed to use the paddle shifters when in AUTO". My thought was - why permit me to do this if it isn't OK? Sigh.
Final rant - it seems that all the "testers" are not being critical of the stuff they review. Their "review" reads more like a prolonged advertisement rather than a critical analysis...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts