Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been running this mismatched spline setup for over a year now. I have made several propeller shafts by taking a 2017 420 FA6 and a 2013 420 FM shaft, cutting them in half and welding them together. Eventually they break, whether it be at the weld or somewhere on the shaft. Does anyone know of a Machine shop that can or has produced a forged, not welded, propeller shaft with the correct spline sizes I need.
Bike description:
2017 420 FA6 w/ a 2013 footshift motor rebuilt from the crank, 500 bigbore, 35% primary and 15% secondary GR, HMF full exhaust, 2" lift, 2" wheel spacers, 34" Assassinators, radiator relocated, 650 deep cycle marine battery, pioneer led headlight conversion, full marine 500 watt sound system, airbox delete, etc, etc....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I guess this topic isn't as interesting as spark plugs or how to change my oil. Among all the Honda folk, jerry riggers, or oem gurus. not one soul has a potential solution or info related to a business stumbled upon at some point in life that has the ability to do this type of work. Interesting...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts