Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a new 2017 Honda Rubicon deluxe. When cold, it takes a count of 1001-1004 before starting. When warm 1001- 1002.
I complained to dealer. They advised me to drop unit off. They said fowled plug. Still hard starting cold. Called Dealer back they said to run it till 20 hr breakin and see if it starts better. I called Honda Power sport, they said they would document.
My old 1998 Honda has a carb and starts up instantly. Has anyone else had issues with FI models?

·
Registered
210 Posts
They're all like that.... My 2016 takes a few rotations to start when its cold too.

It is not a problem, just the way the fuel system works.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I picked up my 2017 Honda Rubicon Deluxe on Saturday and haven't had many opportunities for a cold start but I was a bit surprised this afternoon when it took longer than expected to start. Temps were in mid-40's and mine took about 5 or 6 seconds. Once started, everything was A-OK.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I also have a 2017 Rubicon EPS, I would say it takes 3 or 4 cranks to start no matter the temp, I wait till I hear the fuel pump to kick off, I thought it might be a low battery at one point and hooked a tender to it, but it still does it, it could be the higher compression being fuel injected vs carb, and the starter just spins slower.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts