Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a new 2017 Rubicon with manual shift and power steering. Was looking it over and there are a couple wires that go nowhere. Does anyone know what they are for? Dealer was no help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
I don't think anything plugs into it. It's a wire "joint". You can see there are a couple wires going into it. I have the same wires on mine.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thy are not a joint. They would not have them external on the harness. There are 2 like this. One is a bit lower. I checked a DTC model and they have it as well. I pick the machine up tomorrow and will check them for power.

Registered
Probably pre-wired for a winch....

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'll check them for power. Could possibly be used for signal wires for winches or heated grips.
Would be nice to know if there fused and to what circuit

Registered
Well if they are not a joint then why are they crimped and sealed? I have a DCT model w/PS and have the same thing on mine. Mine has 2 wires one each and they are crimped and sealed. I believe that's how it is on the wiring diagram as well. Also all the keyed power for accessories comes from a second harness in the front of the machine.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
They are a joint, you are correct. I finally found a schematic. Just strange why they would have them external of the harness with a clear rubber cap and not heat shrinked and sealed internal in the harness.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.