Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I went in a pond with my atv it’s snorkeled the airbox is siliconed airtight I got out of there no issues but now after that my fourwheeler backfired when I got down on it on a black top road and now it’s shuts completely off and spits and sputters at random times hot or cold engine what could be the issue my fourwheeler has 3500 miles on it I ride it all the time and this has just now happened the spark plug has never been replaced btw since I have purchased it

Attachments

· Premium Member
6,580 Posts
Well that's cause my reading comprehension is terrible and I read "Rincon" when your post clearly says "Rubicon.

On the older bikes the gas cap had a nipple right in the middle of the gas lid with a hose coming off of it.

I'm not sure how the newer tanks are vented. @mac102004 you have any idea?

In the meantime, you could drain the tank into a clear container and see if you have water in the fuel. Shouldn't be hard and if that's the issue it's easily solved.

· Registered
7,087 Posts
Well that's cause my reading comprehension is terrible and I read "Rincon" when your post clearly says "Rubicon.

On the older bikes the gas cap had a nipple right in the middle of the gas lid with a hose coming off of it.

I'm not sure how the newer tanks are vented. @mac102004 you have any idea?

In the meantime, you could drain the tank into a clear container and see if you have water in the fuel. Shouldn't be hard and if that's the issue it's easily solved.

Yes they are vent runs down into the frame near right wheel. Low spot too, pretty prone to suck up water and junk, had it happen on my 2015.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.