Honda ATV Forum banner

2017 Honda Foreman Bad Shifting

6K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  shadetree 
#1 ·
I recently bought a 2017 Honda Foreman from a Honda dealer. Brought it home and we noticed the lights looked like they were full of dirt and the bulbs were broken. When I tried to drive it it would feel like it was not going to shift and then it would slam into first gear almost throwing me off and it sounds like a metal clunk really loud. So we took it back in and Honda, who had it for a month and a half a fully rebuilt it and when I got it back it was doing the same thing. They tried to accuse me of sinking it but I have not even had it in my possession long enough to take it out riding. Im extremely frustrated that ive spent this much money and still dont have a working quad. Any Suggestions on what it might be? Its an Automatic shift and there is no way in hell im taking it back to that dealer after they accused me of lying.

#5 ·
Alright, I can’t tell if I only have 1st gear, or 2nd gear. From 1st to 2nd there is a transmission noise, but no shift. The screen switches from 1st to 2nd, but the trans does not. “2nd” to 3rd there is a terrible shift noise, which leads me to believe it’s going from 1st to 3rd, but it DOES change gears. From 3rd to 4th is the same as 1st to 2nd, trans noise, no shift, but the screen says 4th. 4th to 5th might as well be neutral, there is no gear and the engine revs like the clutch never released.

#8 ·
also, word from the wise: if the tranny is bad in that ?, all you have is a paper weight, reason: there is no part on that transmission that can be replaced !, you have to buy a whole new tranny !!, and what they cost ?, your better off buying another atv with a manual shift.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.