Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2017 honda foreman 500 4wd foot shift an it’s over heating after short rides, sitting at idle for 5-10 minutes the the fan does comes but doesn’t seem to help, I can’t really tell if it’s actually overheating or not on I checked the fuses they all are okay. You can turn the bike off for maybe two minutes an it’s completely cooled off I took it to the car wash an sprayed the radiator off , it does have snorkels an a relocation kit on it it’s not smoking or knocking doesn’t seem like it’s losing power I drained my coolant an after doing so I let it sit for a while to drain an spots of oil started to come out after the flow of coolant stopped there wasn’t ain’t signs of oil in the reserve, so I drained my oil an it was milky, any help? someone told me my water pump went out or my thermostat sensor

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
My fan comes on when I'm at the 2 bar mark on the temp gauge, I've never seen 3 bars.

·
Registered
39 Posts
If getting coolant in oil will need to get fixed fast. Dont know where to start looking but know from experience coolant, H2O, and the steam will destroy motor fast. Let us know what you find.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts