Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, trying to sort this for a friend, his bike started cutting out on him and eventually died, it fired again briefly but hasnt gone since. Have jumped the DLC wires near the radiator cap and have the PS light bringing up a code of 2-4 which does not match up with any codes in the WS manual. Fuel pump primes but no spark. Has 303 hours on it. Any help?? Dont comment with "under warranty take to the dealer"......

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
so I swapped out the coil from his good running bike, there is now spark and I can also smell fuel when cranking which I couldnt before so the injector is now pulsing however the spark only lasts for about 3 seconds. If I turn the key off and on again it will start sparking again.......

·
Premium Member
2,608 Posts
Bad CDI. Try tapping on it while cranking and see if the spark returns at least temporarily.

Rick

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Hi: Make sure the battery is fully charged -- if the crank sensor doesn't see the bike turn over fast enough it will not start. Try boosting the bike.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the replies, ive had the bike running at most for about 8 seconds, ECU is shutting it down most likely due to a crook reading from a sensor or a wiring fault, it brought up a code for poor injector connection, once I cleared it it didnt reoccur, anyone heard of crook bank angle sensors or ECU on these?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so last night I changed the plug/coil and it was still playing up, this morning I walked out, hit the key and it fired straight up and ran....and kept running, been out on it for about 20 minutes now..... gotta love efi

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
so last night I changed the plug/coil and it was still playing up, this morning I walked out, hit the key and it fired straight up and ran....and kept running, been out on it for about 20 minutes now..... gotta love efi
With all the sensors on the bikes today it's a gamble.

Reactions: Jeepwm69

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So the bike ended up back at the dealer, apparently it was the roll over switch that was dodgey, was talking to another dealer who said they are having the odd one with faulty kill switch relays.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Strange. This is the first time I've heard of this.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.