Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for suggestions on which winch mounting plate to install on my 2016 Rubicon that I picked up today. After reading a handful of different threads I've found there were some people who ended up not being satisfied with what they chose due to difficult installs. (One being KFI I think?)

I'm planning on purchasing a Superwinch Terra 3500 (mainly because it's on sale), but if there is a winch that fits better on these machines, my mind can be swayed. Obviously I'm looking for the plate that requires the least amount of trimming, cutting, drilling etc. But if the "ideal" plate requires these modifications I suppose I can put up with it. :wink

Also, part numbers would be appreciated if possible.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Pelletier,
Did you get your winch mounted? I have a 2015 Rubicon, and I received a Traveler winch as a gift. Of course they didn't buy a mounting kit. :)

I'm just beginning to research winches and mounting kits.

·
Registered
37 Posts
i have the warn winch/warn plate on my 2016 rubicon, no issues.
i have a terra winch and kfi winch plate on my sons 2016 rancher, no issues. Did have to trim some plastic for the terra winch. Just a very small amount, you won't even notice once you are done. I used some tin snips and it turned out fine. Fits right up against/around the end of the winch on the right side. I think it's just the size/shape of the terra brand winches. It has worked great and half the price of the warn.

·
Registered
28 Posts
i have the strongemade plate. it is the only on that i know of that allows for upright mounting. i have had to winch out of ruts and mud holes at least 15 times. i was lounded down with wood on many of those ocassions. never had to stick my hand in the mud or water to operate the winch clutch. i would reccomend that plate to anyone
http://www.hondaatvforums.net/forums/showthread.php?t=80809

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
aparrently i have to pay photo buck to use it to host images

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
580 Posts
Hard to beat the Honda/Warn winch kit that is made for it. Yes - it is much more expensive but...it is genuine Honda accessory parts and (did I mention) it is made specifically to fit your ATV. Not a generic fit-all piece. Made for it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.