Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2016 Rancher died on the farm this past weekend while daughter was riding.

No power to display at all, engine won't turn over. Headlights and winch working fine.

Pulled battery from basically brand new Recon and swapped, no change in symptoms. Checked fuses, all good.

Any ideas what to look for next? Local repair shop is 4-5 weeks out so looks like I'm on my own....

Thanks!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Checked all fuses, they are good. Can't find any loose connections.

Arced the solenoid and the engine turned over.

Where is the relay and how do I check it?

Any other ideas?

·
Registered
33 Posts
the relay is a black box and should be under the seat or attatched to the frame.there really is no way to check relays as far as know unless you get a new one. it may nor have a relay as well becuase im familer with older stuff. if you arced your solenoid and it turned over it may be a solenoid. something else is that could be an issue is the emergy off switch is off.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the reply!

Actually figured it out yesterday... I unbolted the display so I could see where everything went. Followed the bundle of wires that came out of the ignition switch. They went to a white connector. With the key on, I managed to get a couple fingers on this connector and as soon as I applied a little pressure, the display turned on along with the fuel pump. I was able to get it to stay on with the limited access I had to this connector but one day soon I am going to take the front rack and front plastic off so I can make sure it is fully engaged. Happy it was a cheap fix but also concerned about this happening again in the future because unless you have a 10mm socket or nut driver, there is no way you are getting your fingers on that connector.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts