Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 4x4 hasn’t been working, I will shift it in with the lever and the light comes in but the front tires won’t pull. I was at my dads today and opened the black cover on the diff and messed around with the lever/arm on the front diff and the front end started pulling. Could something in the front diff be broke or the cable messed up somehow? One more thing when I shift from 4wd back to 2wd the 4x4 light stays on I have to get a screw driver and help the arm down on the diff go back far enough to make the light go off on the cluster.

· Registered
37 Posts
My 4x4 hasn’t been working, I will shift it in with the lever and the light comes in but the front tires won’t pull. I was at my dads today and opened the black cover on the diff and messed around with the lever/arm on the front diff and the front end started pulling. Could something in the front diff be broke or the cable messed up somehow? One more thing when I shift from 4wd back to 2wd the 4x4 light stays on I have to get a screw driver and help the arm down on the diff go back far enough to make the light go off on the cluster.
[/QUOTE/]
sensor is messed up. get a new one for like 30 bucks probably

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Are you moving the atv when going from 4x4 to 2x4?
They stay in 4x4 for a second, you have to spin the front tires a little to get the 4x4 to engage or disengage.
Yes I’ve tried to ride with it in 4wd and then in 2wd I’ll try again tomorrow. I have to get out and manually pull the arm on the front diff forward to get the 4x4 light to go off.

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Are you moving the atv when going from 4x4 to 2x4?
They stay in 4x4 for a second, you have to spin the front tires a little to get the 4x4 to engage or disengage.
I was in a mud hole today and 2wd wouldn’t do it so I put it in 4x4 and at one point the front tires would pull great and it would start moving then the front tires would quit pulling and it would spin down in the back, it was kinda like the front was slipping then grabbing but when it was pulling it pulled for about 30 seconds slinging mud then would slowly stop pulling then slowly start pulling again, not like all of a sudden it’s pulling and then all of a sudden it’s not.

· Registered
68 Posts
You should be able to download the Service Manual here:
Most of the manuals have a troubleshooting section as well as the servicing instructions.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts