Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought 2 brand new recon es, both batteries kept dying, I took them back and they said both batteries was bad so they put 2 new ones in... Now 2 months later they are both dying again. Is their an issue with the charging system?

· Premium Member
2,608 Posts
Most of us keep the batteries on a small battery tender. I have six or eight of these from Harbor Freight for maybe seven bucks each. They work very well.

How often do you ride your bikes for 15-20 minute periods of time to keep them fully charged?

Do you have a good multimeter? Use it with the bike running at idle and half throttle and tell us what you see in both DC and AC volts measured at the battery.

Rick

Reactions: alloutdoors

· Registered
194 Posts
I have a 2013 foreman es/eps. Having read the posts on es problems here on this great site, I too keep a trickle charge going at least once a week and after I go out every time.

How long will a battery last assuming it gets a trickle charge now and then? My battery trickle charges to max in about 20 minutes or less.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.