Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi y’all thanks in advance for any feedback!
the bike has 200 miles and 51 hrs on the clock, is a clean one owner bike, belongs to my lady friend
I started trouble shooting this problem by pulling fuel pump out of the tank, was a lot of rust from ethanol poisoning and filter was rust orange so we got a new pump and filter,cleaned the tank and blew the hoses out, started it up and it was idiling high with a little hunting, read some and bought a new idile control valve and that cleared the idile problem. But still runs for a couple of minutes then dies, will restart most of the time by push the starter button, leaving the key on, but give it any throttle and dies, sometimes with a backfire, I’m not wanting to purchase Honda special tools but will if necessar. Saw a thread about the bank angle sensor, tested that and it works, needing to be reset by turning off the key...just got a in-line spark checker and bright spark until it dies so fuel is the problem... I ran it not giving any throttle and it ran for 10 minutes before I tried to give it throttle then it died instantl with a loud shut down backfire! Help!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts