Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The carb kept flooding after a few minutes of cracking up..and gas would be running like a flow of water out from the air filter. What is causing this? Is my carb need to be rebuilt? Thank in advance

·
Super Moderator
37,155 Posts
2015 trx500 with a carb ??, maybe I missed it ?, but that model should only be fuel injected ?!, which means, it does not have a carb, it should be a throttle body ?, gonna look this up, hmmmmm.

·
Super Moderator
37,155 Posts
just looked your year/model up ( although you did not post the full make/model !!!! ) I looked up a 2015 trx500fm, then another version, and both show to have a throttle body..NO CARB ON THESE !!.

·
Super Moderator
37,155 Posts
if it does have a carb on it ??..then some dumb azz installed a carb on It !..lol. they are fuel injected from the factory, no carb's on these at all !!!.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My year maybe off, but the 500 does have a carb ! Will check the model once I get back to the farm..Thanks

·
Super Moderator
37,155 Posts
My year maybe off, but the 500 does have a carb ! Will check the model once I get back to the farm..Thanks
from what I remember ?, the 2005 trx500fm's had a carb, but I dont know when they changed over to fuel injection ? ( have not looked at it closer ), but I do know the 2015 does not have a carb. as to why yours is leaking fuel ?, i'd say the float needle is sticking.

·
Super Moderator
5,062 Posts
from what I remember ?, the 2005 trx500fm's had a carb, but I dont know when they changed over to fuel injection ? ( have not looked at it closer ), but I do know the 2015 does not have a carb. as to why yours is leaking fuel ?, i'd say the float needle is sticking.
I think 07 was the change over from carb to throttle body, that's from memory though, don't hold me to that lol..

Shadetree is right though... Everything you've stated is physically impossible if your foreman has a throttle body.

I'm inclined to say yours is an early foreman with a carb, needle jet will be the issue or needle jet seat. Replace with OEM or known good brand, clean the fuel tank thoroughly, fit an inline fuel filter too..

Keep us posted :)

·
Registered
267 Posts
2008 and on were all fuel injected, there may have been some in 2007

·
Super Moderator
37,155 Posts
2008 and on were all fuel injected, there may have been some in 2007
nope, 2001 ( trx500fa ),( 2010 years was skipped ), 2011( trx500fm ), honda made the trx500fm carb model, then in 2012 they started with the fuel injected models, which means throttle body only. NOTE: this is for U.S.A. models that I read about.

·
Super Moderator
37,155 Posts
@OP, we need to know what the FULL MAKE, FULL MODEL NUMBERS ARE OF YOUR ATV !!!!, reason: honda produced more than ONE model of this model !!, we/you/us..CAN NOT HELP YOU UNLESS WE KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE ??????????.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I should have said 2008 and on Ranchers were fuel inj

·
Super Moderator
37,155 Posts
I should have said 2008 and on Ranchers were fuel inj
and just how does the ranchers fit into this ?, the ranchers are trx420's, he's claiming his atv is a 2015 trx500 ( no sub model posted ) with a carb, and that year/model shows its throttle body from what I seen, least on the trx500fm anyway :). I guess we'll know more when he post the full make/model :).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts