Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellas needing some help here! My rubicon all of a sudden started going into limp mode an so I changed the angle shift sensor, still no good so I read where the grease was gummy in the shift motor an needed to be cleaned so did that .Still in limp mode but Now every time I shift into 2ndgear it blows the 30 amp fuse immediately when I touch the button ,also I took apart the shift buttons housing before the blown fuses deal it flashes code 4 an also 23 an 24 ? Just diff codes kinda random of which one it uses ? I noticed a little rat chewing on wires so I have stripped every wire on it an checked continuity on all that I could ( I’m not an electrician tho ) an didn’t find anything . If anyone has dealt with this please give me some insight of what you did to correct or where I should start trouble shooting. I know this is a lot of info that isn’t the best but if you need to know anything else to help me let me know . Thanks in advance

·
Registered
214 Posts
Rats are not little. Some are monsters. They like to eat wires even though eating leaves and sticks would be better for them, but wires must taste better. Chewed wires are bad for vehicles. My Ford was disabled by a rat, so I duct taped a poison box under the hood, and now the poison is almost gone. Time for a refill.
You must have a partial short in the shift buttons or wires.
The DCT transmission is not fixable, but you might try an oil change.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rats are not little. Some are monsters. They like to eat wires even though eating leaves and sticks would be better for them, but wires must taste better. Chewed wires are bad for vehicles. My Ford was disabled by a rat, so I duct taped a poison box under the hood, and now the poison is almost gone. Time for a refill.
You must have a partial short in the shift buttons or wires.
The DCT transmission is not fixable, but you might try an oil change.
Thanks bud I’ll check that switch

1 - 3 of 3 Posts