Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 Honda Rubicon 500 es when turning the key on only the headlights will work nothing on the dash and ATv won’t start. Checked all the wires all connections are good . Fuses were all good. Only thing I don’t know how to check would be the relays. When I jump the starter selenoid the dash light come on.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
2015 Honda Rubicere on no power

Have you checked the battery to see if enough voltage is there to even engage the starter?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There is enough power to try to start the ATv jumping the selinoid it wants to start but when the key is turn the fuel pump is not heard and the dash does not come on the only thing that’ll work are the head lights and tail lights. When jumping the selinoid the dash will light up and all the light on it are light and the shift position is a blinking - -.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay I pulled all fuses and replaced with new ones still nothing I took a volt meter and hooked the ground to the battery and checked both sides to all the fuses there was 11.8 or so volts on both side except for the main fuse I need to hook the positive of the volt meter to the battery and check the fuse with the ground side of the volt meter then I get 11.8 volts on that fuse. Seems wierd to have a ground power threw a fuse is this correct?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I recheck the ground and it’s at 12 volt I loose power though to the connector when the light a turned off.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Okay I pulled all fuses and replaced with new ones still nothing I took a volt meter and hooked the ground to the battery and checked both sides to all the fuses there was 11.8 or so volts on both side except for the main fuse I need to hook the positive of the volt meter to the battery and check the fuse with the ground side of the volt meter then I get 11.8 volts on that fuse. Seems wierd to have a ground power threw a fuse is this correct?
Have you placed the meter at the point where the wire touches the starter/receives the power and see what that read is?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes there is power there I can’t start it because the fuel pump never turns on and the dash also never comes on. I ordered a bunch of relays to swap out.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Think I got it figured out I unhooked the ignition switch and jumped the prongs and book everything came on so I’m thinking the ignition is bad. Ordered one off eBay hopefully it gets here Monday and I’ll let everyone know how it goes.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
WAS wroung new ignition did not help so back to square 1 if I jump the two red wires on the main relay everything works with the relay out of th atv

·
Registered
1 Posts
WAS wroung new ignition did not help so back to square 1 if I jump the two red wires on the main relay everything works with the relay out of th atv
Did you ever get this issue resolved belive I’m having the same issue turn key on only have lights nothing else all new fuses relays

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey guys i just came across this post, i just had a customer drop a machine off at the dealership with this issue recently.
lights worked, brake lights worked but no power to meter, fuel pump or ignition circuit. i started by checking the fuses, all good. Then started checked for power on each fuse. Ignition fuse only had 1 volt on it. traced the black wire out of ignition fuse to the igntion switch which is powered by a red wire. this red wire splits off into multiple places such as regulator, main power relay and the diode in the fuse box. the reason why it will work if you jump power from red black wire to red wire on main power relay is because your simply borrowing the power from the red black wire to jump the red wire circuit. which is fine until the wires on the red circuit contact where ever they are broke, then youll have back feeding issue. i started to ohm out the wires when i noticed no power sitting on the red wires at any of the ends. Everything checked out til i got to the diode wire in the fuse box, about 8 inchs down from the red wire on the diode in the fuse box was a tiny 1\8th break in the line. I soldered a new wire in between the breaks and everything started working again. I hope this helps some people. Remember you should have power sitting on red wire going to regulator with key off, should also have power sitting at red wire at ignition switch and the main power relay.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts