Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys so here's the scoop I did the famous oil plug strip on our fourtrax so we took the motor apart to take out the spacer to re tap the threads but I didn't take the whole motor off the quad just removed the front cover and spacer it all went back together nicely but when reinstalling the shift motor and gears it seems they are out of alignment and now the transmission won't engage, in the repair manual it shows that the gear should reinstall in the centre of the space but it's installing at the bottom of the case, has anyone had this problem or know how to fix it ( the picture is just showing where the gear is going I left the reduction gear out just to show the placement)

Any help is greatly appreciated

Attachments

· Premium Member
38,589 Posts
simple fix, look on the other gears, they have a punch mark stamped on them, this is how and where they line up :).

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That didn't seem to work I think the spindle shaft is lined up in the wrong spot I'm wondering if I bumped it or something that locked it up I cant seem to get the spindle shaft to move seems to be stuck in a down shift position or something

· Premium Member
38,589 Posts
That didn't seem to work I think the spindle shaft is lined up in the wrong spot I'm wondering if I bumped it or something that locked it up I cant seem to get the spindle shaft to move seems to be stuck in a down shift position or something
use a ratchet to put it in neutral, then line the gears up with the punch marks, pretty simple fix.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.