Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a TRX420FPA which has issues with shifting out of first. I had initially thought it was the shift angle sensor as with a little effort it brought up a code 23.

Even after replacing it though the vehicle still won't shift properly. At this point I'm not even sure what's going on. I tried pulling off the gear shifting mechanism to see if it was worn and it looks fine. Any help at all would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same problem with my 2015 it is the same motor. I know a lot about fixing machines but I am stumped. Any answers would be great. I changed the TPS sensor as well but nothing. Funny thing though when I changed the Angle sensor I was able to drive it around the block. But when I shut it off and tried to go again it was like nothing was going to make it shift

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the same problem with my 2015 it is the same motor. I know a lot about fixing machines but I am stumped. Any answers would be great. I changed the TPS sensor as well but nothing. Funny thing though when I changed the Angle sensor I was able to drive it around the block. But when I shut it off and tried to go again it was like nothing was going to make it shift
I fixed mine, it's just a temperamental shifter. Also I kinda had it on auto, not manual...should be a switch on your right handle bar, make sure its set to the other option. Not auto.

Edit: try moving it around a bit, a little jostle somehow gets it working again. Stupid I know.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts