Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 Rancher, it will not start, it has fuel to the injector, but I dont believe enough pressure, it will start off carb cleaner sprayed in throttle body, I removed pump, changed filter and cleaned out the inside of pump bowl, extremely dirty, still no change. I am asking if many of you have had injector issues or am I needing a fuel pump, I know the volume and pressure of fuel flow at 52psi in a car, and this pump produces the same pressure, I'm not getting near that. and other ideas will be appreciated!!!! snow storm coming and I need my plow!!!

·
Premium Member
38,619 Posts
bad fuel pump ?, or dirty injector ?. pull the injector, crank it over, get a lot of fuel coming out ?, if so ?, then injector is dirty,weak,bad ?, if not ?, then fuel pump is bad. for some reason, the trx420's all seem to have fuel pumps go out in a short time ?, guess they got a batch from china ?..lmao.

·
Premium Member
2,608 Posts
I had to replace the fuel pump in my neighbors 420 Rancher a few years ago. The pump motor is very weak and it does not take much varnish to stop it from pumping.

Rick

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I pulled throttle body no spray out of injector, but remove fuel line and fuel comes out of line, but certainly doesn't seem like 52psi, ATV has less than 60 hours, I cant believe how much crap was fuel pump bowl and how dirty filter was.

·
Premium Member
38,619 Posts
I pulled throttle body no spray out of injector, but remove fuel line and fuel comes out of line, but certainly doesn't seem like 52psi, ATV has less than 60 hours, I cant believe how much crap was fuel pump bowl and how dirty filter was.
you may just have a dirty/stopped up injector ?, I would try cleaning it, and see where you stand before you rush out and buy a new fuel pump ?.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I sprayed it from both sides, blew it with air, still nothing, but at 52psi it will spray coming out of fuel line, this just runs out take 30-45 seconds to fill a 16oz bottle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.