Honda ATV Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
hmm. thats wierd to me, i like 5 spd. i had a chinese 70cc dirtbike that 4 spd and was goofy feeling to me.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Yeah, the Rincon uses a 3-speed tranny which works pretty much like an automatic automobile transmission, even has a torque converter.

·
Registered
7,361 Posts
they are an excellent ride but you can bash on me all you want but my sportsman still rides smoother, the honda's rear suspension is considerably stiffer.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I've had a sportsman and in no way is the Rincon stiffer, if anything that is the only issue. The Rincon is such a soft ride that under hard throttle in a corner it is to soft. That would be the only thing to improve on, adjustable rear shocks.

I sure hope that doesn't sound like a bash Manny, just couldn't find any other way to say it.

P.S. I just noticed you are talking about an '03, my '05 was a lot stiffer.

·
Registered
7,361 Posts
I've had a sportsman and in no way is the Rincon stiffer, if anything that is the only issue. The Rincon is such a soft ride that under hard throttle in a corner it is to soft. That would be the only thing to improve on, adjustable rear shocks.

I sure hope that doesn't sound like a bash Manny, just couldn't find any other way to say it.

P.S. I just noticed you are talking about an '03, my '05 was a lot stiffer.
no offense taken at all bro, it must just be me because it seems alot stiffer but then again my 08 polaris has a very very soft rear suspension. its pretty bad, if you ride a passenger the back sags BIG time

·
Registered
153 Posts
I think that's the problem ... The newer machines are made soft for the comfy rides. The sportsman I had was a '02, stiff ass heck, my '05 Rincon was more stiff than my 2011. I think we have stumbled on something here.

Do you think the rear shocks off the '05 will fit my new one??

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Love my Rincon, was looking forward to a new model for 2012, oh well I guess I need to wait til 2013. I don't need a lower gear, I ride most of the time in ESP cause in Auto I think the upshift points are revving too high and I also don't like the surprise downshifts. 2nd gear is sufficient for most low speed trail riding, lots of torque allows low engine revs with power when needed

·
Registered
7,361 Posts
Love my Rincon, was looking forward to a new model for 2012, oh well I guess I need to wait til 2013. I don't need a lower gear, I ride most of the time in ESP cause in Auto I think the upshift points are revving too high and I also don't like the surprise downshifts. 2nd gear is sufficient for most low speed trail riding, lots of torque allows low engine revs with power when needed

couldnt have worded that any better. i agree

·
Registered
7,361 Posts
I think that's the problem ... The newer machines are made soft for the comfy rides. The sportsman I had was a '02, stiff ass heck, my '05 Rincon was more stiff than my 2011. I think we have stumbled on something here.

Do you think the rear shocks off the '05 will fit my new one??
maybe, i dont see why not, the rear shock design doesnt look any different. i'd call your local honda dealer and have them measure them up or have them look on the parts diagram and see if they will match

·
Premium Member
11,311 Posts
Just got a 2012 Rincon, Great Ride, Plenty of power, Pulls Real Good I'm Enjoying it!
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
rinco facts

Ok guys here are the facts. As for the transmission on the rincon, compared to slippy belt machines i have 3 ranges low medium and high and can shift between all three on the fly. As far as the so called locker front end is kinda of a myth. A front end that truely locked would be very difficult to steer. Power steering would be a plus on the rincon, can't figure why that is not an option. As far a the ride goes little rough at low speeds, but greatly improves with speed. I dont need 70hp because the rincon on wieghs a little over 650 lbs not 850 like the 850cc and 1000cc machines. The last time we went riding in the snow i went every where my buddies 850 polaris went. The only difference was me towing him back because of a blown belt (hehehe).

21 - 33 of 33 Posts