Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellas,

New to the forum and already have learned a lot. My dad bought a 1988 Fourtrax brand new and I've been riding ever since I can remember. It's been the most reliable 4wheeler I've ever seen, you can't kill it. I'm older now and it's time for me to buy my own. I've found 2 and I'm torn between them. Option one is a 2012 Honda Rancher 420 AT/ESP. Power steering, IRS, 111 hours and 620 miles. Seems to be in great shape. Option is a 2014 Honda Rincon 680. 64.2 hours and 640 miles and seems to also be in great shape. The price is only $400 difference between the two with the Rincon being the higher. I'm in NC so I mostly do trail riding and some mud. I'm 6"4' and my girlfriend likes to ride with me some too so my main question is the size difference in the two. I'm sure the 420 has plenty of power for what I'm going to do so I'm not worried about the power difference in the two. How much bigger is the Rincon compared to the Rancher is what I'm wanting to know. Is the Rancher big enough for two people or is the Rincon a must? Are there any down sides/reoccurring problems of either one these year models that I need to look out for/consider? Thanks for all the input, guys!

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Rincon all the way. Gearing on both sucks, but with that small of price difference and your size there's no way I'd go with the Rancher.

My wife has a Rancher AT because of the smaller size. She wanted a Rincon and I nixed that. She'd kill herself with the power, and it's too big for her to handle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts